Answer to My Prayers

July 02, 2013


I have thought long and hard about sharing this on here and I still don't know how I feel about it. However, I am at the point where I need to just let my emotions out on paper and be relieved of all the stress and anxiety that has built up over the last couple of days.

I've had numerous doctor appointments over the last two years as you might of seen me discreetly tweet from time to time and each time I've left feeling more and more discouraged up until last Friday. I believe 100% that it was the Lord's will and perfect timing that allowed me to finally be seen by a doctor who could diagnose me with something other than Dyspareunia [which to me is a pointless medical term and after two weeks makes you sounds mentally insane according to the definition.] I almost didn't make it to this appointment on behalf of the hospital scheduling me for two different appointment dates which led me to believe that the latter date would be cancelled. So as you can see it was nothing short of a miracle that I happened to still have an appointment set for the 28th and that I had the day off of work. I was thrilled to be seeing a new doctor who could give me a fresh perspective  on all the problems that I've had over the years. 

Waiting in the doctors office was probably the worst between waiting an hour to be seen and feeling like I was wasting my time with another doctor who was probably going to tell me the same thing I've heard before. I'm glad I didn't walk out because honestly this doctor's verdict was the answer to all my prayers. I found out Friday, June 28th that I have what is called a retroverted uterus or titled uterus which can be corrected with surgery or by chance during my first pregnancy. 

I was relieved to find out that it wasn't anything serious and to finally have an answer to all my problems. Really I couldn't be happier to finally know what is wrong with me, however since finding out I've been somewhat of an emotional wreck. I've never had surgery before in my life besides that one time in pre-k to have my tonsils and adenoids taken out but that doesn't even count right? Honestly, I think my biggest fear is the pain that will come after having the surgery and anyone who knows me knows that me and pain don't go hand in hand. It's bad enough that I have to take at least a month off of work to recover and keep from straining myself too much, so as you can see that causes quite a dilemma because I seriously love my job and all the people I work with. It kills me to leave them during our busiest time of the year, but having this surgery is in my best interest and for my future children.

I'm scheduled for surgery July 22nd and any positive thoughts or prayers would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks friends <3

You Might Also Like

17 COMMENTS

  1. I know you don't know me at all but I just wanted to tell you I'm praying for you right now-- and thankful for the wisdom of the doctors to find out exactly what needs to happen. I can't imagine the frustration of waiting and not knowing-- God is so good and faithful to answer prayer and to care for you through this trial! Sending hugs and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of prayers your way! I'm so glad you have had an answer and praying that surgery fixes it and everything will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be lifting you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! I will be praying for you - let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started following your blog literally an hour before this, but I've had Jeremiah 29:11 on my mind all day. Now I can see why! God has you in the palm of His hand.. I'll be praying for your surgery and recovery!

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is extremely great news!!! I will be keeping you in my prayers. :D

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knowledge is power my friend! I know a couple people who have had surgery for this, and they said the anticipation was the worst part!

    Will be praying for you!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooo glad that they were finally able to tell you what was wrong!

    My sister has pain constantly and no one has been able to diagnose her thus far.

    Praying for your surgery and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surgery scares the daylights out of me too. I have gallstones and my doctor said I would have to get my gallbladder removed one day. I am dreading that day. Ack. But I am so glad you found an answer! Praying for a quick and speedy recovery, as well as some peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what wonderful news!

    Thanks for linking up the to Friend Connect Blog Hop today!

    Co-Host // Justynn
    Creative Life Antics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay strong, girl :) My biggest advice for after surgery is to just rest, enjoy reality TV, and remember that you're stronger than you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you and wish you speedy recovery!

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers you way. God never gives us more than we can handle, no matter how hard it is for us to understand stand. He will be with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending good thoughts your way! Good luck with your surgery, and hopefully you heal up quickly afterward. At least now you have an answer to your problem instead of sitting through endless appointments, and you can move forward with a solution! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keeping you in my prayers, love! My best friend had a similar struggle that ended with the same diagnosis. Her surgery went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog. I'll be praying for you! I know how it is to be diagnosed with meaningless labels. That's how I feel about my fibromyalgia (among others), which just literally means muscle and connective tissue pain. Your post gives me hope that someday I'll be able to find out what's wrong with me!! Thanks for the jeremiah 29:11 reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending prayers your way! It's so wonderful to come across a strong woman, rooted in Christ, sharing her heart and soul. Hope your surgery went well and you are recovering beautifully!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love