Pre-Op News

July 17, 2013


It's starting to feel more real that I'll be having surgery in less than a week. I am on day 3 of my medical leave vacation, if you will, and I already don't know what to do with myself. I'm having a hard time keeping my mind busy with all this free time I've got on my hands and I don't like it at all. I'm to the point where I just wish it was Monday already so I could get it over with and start the recovery process so I don't have all of these thoughts racing in my head constantly. If you don't know what I'm talking about you can refer to this post & this post to do a bit of catching up. 

Yesterday I had my Pre-Op appointment with my doctor and I feel so much better knowing that he'll be doing the surgery personally because I know that I'll be in good hands and the fact that he told me we'd pray before the surgery gave me an overwhelming sense of peace and encouragement. I also loved hearing that the surgery will be an outpatient procedure that should only take 45 min to an hour and that I won't have to spend the night in the hospital. Seriously, that in itself was a big relief because honestly I'm kinda scared of hospitals.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

In other news, my niece is down this week so this post will be the last you'll see of me for a while. I don't have any guest posts lined up for you, but I'll leave you with a few pictures of my life lately through instagram, and if you'd like to keep up with me throughout this experience feel free to follow me. 

If you're the praying type please say a little prayer for me on Monday <3 

You Might Also Like

18 COMMENTS

  1. I spent last summer recovering from 2 surgeries. Within a couple weeks I was going stir crazy (I couldn't drive because my right foot was in a cast and relied on a knee cart to get around). Here are a couple tips I have for you: Schedule times for friends to come visit you and bring you lunch as it is the mid-day that gets the loneliest. Now is the perfect time to take up a craft that you can do from the couch: knitting, crocheting, etc (I started making FOE hair ties).

    My tips for pain: for the first few days take pain pills even if you are feeling OK. Its when they wear off that you feel awful and its harder to get it under control than it is to simply maintain.

    Prayers for you on Monday for the surgery and the ongoing recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saying a prayer for you right now that your surgery goes well!! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is HUGE that it's an outpatient procedure. I'm sure hearing that has calmed some nerves a bit. Very cool that he said you all could pray before surgery. I've never heard of a doctor saying that!

    I will definitely say a pray for you. Smooth surgery & speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you! I'm sure you will have a fast recovery. When I had my outpatient surgery, it was actually not bad at all. And not having to stay the night is a plus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending a big old SGBC prayer up right now! While you're away I'm going to retweet and share some of your old post :)

    praying for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending good wishes your way!
    You're romper is SUPER cute.

    ~Ashley (A Cute Angle)

    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/ACuteLifestyle
    www.twitter.com/ACuteLIfestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saying a prayer for you - your doctor seems awesome, so that's comforting. The anticipation of a procedure/surgery always seems to be worse than the procedure itself...hoping you don't have much post-op pain. I agree about keeping up with pain pills even if you are feeling okay. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy the surgery won't take long! Sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you! I hope everything goes well and that you have peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending prayers your way..if we can do anything else to support please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you! That's amazing that the doctor will pray with you before your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your surgery goes wonderfully perfect! You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love