DIY Sharpie Mugs

January 04, 2014



One of the hardest things to do is buy Christmas gifts for loved ones. I being the crafty girl that I am at times decided that it would be a great idea to create sharpie mugs as gifts for E's brother and sister-in-law. I seriously loved how they turned out and was quite impressed with my penmanship as well, although it only took me a few tries to get it exactly how I wanted it. These mugs are so simple to create as well as super inexpensive which make it the perfect gift for those on a budget. They loved their mugs so much and have been putting them to good use every morning.

Materials:

Coffee Mug
Permanent marker or porcelain marker

Instructions:

Use a porcelain or permanent marker to draw your design on the mug.
Put the mug in the oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Let cool.

Now you have a pretty mug to keep for yourself or give as a gift :) 
Have you ever created a sharpie mug before?

You Might Also Like

12 COMMENTS

  1. These are pretty cute! I've never made one since my handwriting is terrible XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made these before but yours are WAYYY cuter than the ones I made!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a new white mug today, I am def going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on pinterest a while ago and I seriously want to try it. Yours are so CUTE lol esp.the mustache one.

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job and great gift idea!!!! Love it. I have seen a few of these mugs on Pinterest but have not tried to make one myself. Also think yours are one of the best I have seen..if you haven't pinned it you should :)



    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea and thought of doing it this Christmas for some family members, but I have the WORST handwriting for artsy things like this... I may need to start practicing for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing. I've wanted to make one for myself. Yours look great, a fantastic Christmas present for the people who have everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have once! I was like 9 and thought it would be a great idea to draw on my moms mug! Ha it said I Love You Mom and she thought it was so cute until she realized it was a mug from our cabinet. LOL She got over it and used it everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahah, love the moustache one. What a fab way to update old mugs.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! We received a package of plain white coffee mugs as a part of the plates and bowls we picked out for our wedding. I'm definitely going to brighten them up with fun little messages like this :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love