Mid-Year Resolutions

May 27, 2017


Is that even a thing? I'm sure it is if I say it is, so for today we will go with it because I am setting some major goals over here. I am not really big on making new year resolutions, although, it might not be a bad idea to start, but for now I will stick to setting a few achievable goals for myself for the remainder of the year. I think it is a good starting point and I like the idea of writing it down to ensure that I keep at it, you know as well as I do that an accountability partner gets you a lot closer to achieving your goals so I will use this blog as just that.


GOALS


1) Work out. Work out. Work out.
I have been seriously slacking when it comes to getting my sweat on, but for good reason between teeth extractions and getting braces (that is a post for a different day). If you know me or have read any of my 505 posts (true story, I did blog at one point more than six times a year) you might of stumbled upon one pertaining to fitness. I used to work out pretty regularly, but this year has been a complete bust in that department, so here's to hitting the gym a few times a week + running a few miles a day + gaining some muscles.

2) Hobbies
These days I have a lot of free time on my hands and am constantly thinking of things to occupy my time, but sometimes I get burnt out and need something new so more hobbies is a must. What are somethings that you like to do for fun?

3) Relax
This one is a big one for me. I am a big worry wart. Sometimes I feel like I need to just let my hair down and take a deep breath, but this year has really been a struggle on some levels. Somethings are just out of my control and I need to learn to have a little more faith and a lot more patience. I just have to keep telling myself that God's timing is always perfect, although, it might not be now, or this week or this year, it will work out as it should. Relax Breanna!

4) Back to School
This is something that has really been weighing on me this year. Earlier in the year, I took a tour of the University in our town and met with an admissions counselor to talk about transferring over my degree towards getting my bachelors degree. Wow! How has it already been 5 years since I got my associates degree? Time is always flying by incredibly too fast for my liking. Anyways, the question is what do I study? I have had my heart set on being a Dietitian, but the area that I live in does not offer it, so I am back to square one. I have until the Fall to decide because Spring admission opens around that time. I am just happy that I have made it this far in making the decision to go back to school. Hopefully, I will be able to make up my mind and I will get myself back to school one way or another.

5) Blog
I touched on this in my previous post, but blogging is up there on the top of my list to make more time for this year. I miss writing and have always enjoyed expressing myself through my writing. It has been a great outlet to bring my frustrations, excitement, and everything else in between to light. Writing is just good for the soul.

What are some goals that you have for the remainder of the year? If you made New Year resolutions, have you made strides in achieving your goal?

You Might Also Like

1 COMMENTS

  1. Awesome post!I love the idea of a 5 year plans.Thank you for the valuable information on this tips.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love